King Henry VIII (Limited Edition) British Monarchy Playing Cards by LUX Playing Cards - Trick - CARDSKINGHENRY
Our Price: $15.96
King Henry VIII Tuck Case for the British Monarchy Cards
This year marks King Henry VIII's 524th birthday. This tuck case features the beautiful British Monarchy playing cards in a new tuck case featuring one of the most-talked about Kings in British history. This allows you to get the British Monarchy playing cards in your choice of tucks - The Tally-Ho branded and/or the King Henry VIII version.
The King Henry VIII tuck showcases a new portrait of Henry VIII, who was the husband of Anne Boleyn (one of our Joker cards) and the father of Queen Elizabeth I (the Queen of Diamonds in this deck). The tuck is intricately detailed with black, gold, white, and a flourish of red to bring everything together.
The inscription on the side of the tuck "Dieu et mon droit" meaning "God and my right" is the motto of the monarch in the United Kingdom. The tuck also features the raised textured finish to give the deck a luxurious feel.
Tally-Ho is the luxury brand of playing cards by USPCC (The United States Playing Card Company). It's the deck of choice for cardists, flourishers, players, and magicians alike. These Tally-Ho playing cards are in the long line of cards that started printing in 1885. This is the latest iteration of Tally-Ho cards, of which there are few. This is the British Monarchy Tally-Ho deck, and you can get it now.
The art is all original and historically accurate, based upon famous British Monarchy from centuries past. To stay in tradition with the elegant Tally-Ho brand, the card back is extravagantly detailed. USPCC approved the art for this deck, and we've been excited to bring it to you ever since. Each King and Queen has been meticulously researched and elaborately portrayed. The card back is ornate in its design, while keeping with the theme of the deck. The back illustrates the Crown, and alludes to the War of the Roses in England. The portraits themselves of the royalty cards are intricate, while keeping the cards playable.
Each royalty card is comprised of monarchy from the long and distinguished history of Britain. The Kings and Queens depicted in each royalty card exude elegance and sophistication. The British Monarchy chosen for this deck include:
- King of Spades: King Edward I "Longshanks"
- Queen of Spades: Mary Queen of Scots
- Jack of Spades: Cnut the Great
- Ace of Spades: Royal Crown
- King of Clubs: King James I
- Queen of Clubs: Queen Anne
- Jack of Clubs: King Richard I, The Lionheart
- Ace of Clubs: Globus Cruciger
- King of Diamonds: King Henry VIII
- Queen of Diamonds: Queen Elizabeth I
- Jack of Diamonds: King Alfred the Great
- Ace of Diamonds: Knight's Helmet
- King of Hearts: William the Conqueror
- Queen of Hearts: Queen Victoria
- Jack of Hearts: King Henry V
- Ace of Hearts: Royal Throne
- Jokers: Anne Boleyn and Oliver Cromwell
The tuck case features some of the most well-known features you are already familiar with on a Tally-Ho case while integrating the new black and gold colors as well as the card back design. The tuck case also features a special raised, textured finish giving the tuck a distinct, rich feel.
This Tally-Ho playing card deck is Made in the USA. The high quality Linoid finish makes it the premier choice among card flourishers. USPCC prints Tally-Ho, Bicycle, and Bee playing cards. Tally-Ho is a registered trademark of the United States Playing Card Company.
About the Artist
Immensely talented artist Nam Tibon is based out of Manila, Philippines, and has been painting since he can remember. He is a Fine Arts graduate of the University of the Philippines, and he won the Golden Laurel Award for the painting competition of the International Delphic Games. His work has also been published at Graphika Manila's art book. He is the co-founder and artist of an indie graphic company, Circus Science, and an artists' collective, Happy Sapiens. At only 25 years old, his work has already been shown in art galleries internationally, and I'm very thrilled that his work can be showcased here.
The History of Tally-Ho playing cards:
Andrew Dougherty was perhaps the greatest innovator in playing card history. He produced some of America's first playing cards, and introduced the first Tally-Ho cards. Among other innovations, he helped bring indices onto playing cards, brought Jokers into mainstream card decks, and also produced cards with rounded corners instead of square corners.
- 1845 - Texas becomes part of the United States
- 1848 - Dougherty, age 21, starts his playing card business in New York
- 1848 - End of Mexican-American War
- 1865 - Dougherty's Illuminated Deck produced
- 1865 - End of Civil War; Abraham Lincoln assassinated
- 1867 - Dougherty patents the Triplicate cards, showing a smaller card in the corners
- 1885 - Dougherty produces the first Tally-Ho cards
- 1885 - USPCC produces the first Bicycle cards
- 1902 - The Expert at the Card Table published
- 1905 - Andrew Dougherty dies, aged 78
- 1907 - USPCC buys the business from Dougherty's sonsDai Vernon, one of the all-time greats, was a big fan of Tally-Ho cards, and you can see him using them in videos as well as in The Dai Vernon Book of Magic.
We wanted to ensure that this Tally-Ho British Monarchy deck is original, yet stays true to Tally-Ho themes of the past, namely the fan backs and circle backs. The Crown as the central feature on the back of this British Monarchy deck corresponds to the central figures found on both Tally-Ho fan backs and circle backs. The roses here also allude to the flowers found there as well. In addition, we added a crossing feature on the ends of the British Monarchy cards, most notably found on the circle backs. With rich flourishes to the British Monarchy card back, everything pays tribute to previous Tally-Ho decks.
ProductId: 55658 Approx. Qty. available: 18